2024 WORKING FAMILIES LOBBY CORPS SCHOLARSHIPS
2024 WORKING FAMILIES LOBBY CORPS SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES & APPLICATION (You can download the application at the bottom of this page)
To support the Florida AFL-CIO Working Family Lobby Corps program and encourage better attendance for those who wish to participate, we offer a scholarship program to any Locally Affiliated Union Member who wishes to apply. A limited number of scholarships will be awarded for $1000.00 Maximum as outlined below. Scholarships are limited so don’t wait to apply.
NOTE to FEA Members: The FEA has received a grant from AFT to send FEA members to Tallahassee and the Lobby Corps. FEA members should NOT complete this application. Instead, they should contact their Local Union’s leadership for more information on the grant program.
The following Guidelines will apply:
1. Applicants must be members in good standing of a local that is locally affiliated and in good standing with the Palm Beach-Treasure Coast AFL-CIO.
2. Request Scholarship Application through your Local Union Officers.
3. Fill out the Application and return it to their Local Union for a Principal Officer to sign off on and verify that the applicant is a “Member in Good Standing.” The Principal Officer will then forward the application to the Palm Beach-Treasure Coast AFL-CIO.
4. Scholarship awards will focus on, but not be limited to, younger workers, locals financially unable to send members on their own, locals who have not participated in the past, and retiree members. a. The Working Families Lobby Corps Scholarship Committee will review the applications and recommend awards to the PBTC AFL-CIO Executive board for a final determination on a first-come, first-serve basis.
5. Funds will be disbursed to the awardee’s local union to help offset Working Families Lobby Corps attendance costs within 30 days from receipt of proof of Working Families Lobby Corps attendance from Monday Orientation through Thursday’s Lobby Corps activities. Awardees MUST sign in at the Lobby Corps office each of the 4 days. Awardees are strongly encouraged to attend and speak at the Wednesday weekly videotaping and enjoy the Thursday evening free Lobby Corps dinner.
6. All applications should be received at least 2 weeks before the week they wish to attend to ensure timely approval.
7. Members must agree to give a short oral report of their Lobby Corps experience to their local union and the Palm Beach-Treasure Coast Central Labor Council upon their return. The Central Labor Council report can be in written form if an oral report is impractical, but an oral report is strongly urged.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR WORKING FAMILIES LOBBY CORPS. (REQUIRED)
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW & DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP INFO & APPLICATION.